Currently I am sitting in my English 150 class. I'm supposed to be writing a thesis and "detailed" outline but instead I am writing my fellow reader/s. I am convinced that every time I am asked to write anything in any class a part of my soul goes missing. Its just like the Harry Potter books, except I'm not killing. Every and any intelligent thought or just thought in general seems to be missing. Pre-writing I had all these great ideas and thoughts popping in my brain all the time! Current/post-writing I have a nothing in that thing on top of my head. Every ounce of thought has been drained. The worst part is that since my mind has been drained of everything intellectual, big words drive me crazy and I seem to be using them constantly! Who actually needs to sound intelligent; sometimes it is so much better to be speak in English where people can actually understand. Example A (classmate sitting in English 150 whose thesis we are evaluating): Romantic relationships portrayed in media promote unrealistic expectations in viewers, which in turn damages their relationships in real life. Viewers need to regard this entertainment discretion and responsibly separate fiction from fact. Sounds like a great thesis right? When she read it out loud I got about the first two words and then my brain got all jumbled. A thesaurus is a awesome tool, and I admit it has become my new addiction in writing, but sometimes it can be over the top. Anyways, point of this lovely post is to tell you that I'm dying a slow painful death due to the draining of every last drop of my soul. I leave my remaining corpse to my mommy and daddy and my chemistry book to Hank since we are supposed to be sharing. Adios!
This too will pass. It's just a small bump in the road. You do a very good job of writing here on the blog. I think you are just having a 'moment' and it will pass. I love you honey and proud of your efforts and your life.
ReplyDelete