I have a new calling. I am now the 2nd counselor in the Relief Society. I've had an inkling for a while that one day I would be put in this calling, God is very good at giving hints, and preparing people for what we wants them to do. For example my last callings have been, Relief Society Teacher (twice), Visiting Teaching supervisor (twice), and outreach coordinator. Anywho, I thought I would be overwhelmed, but when I was called by the bishop I just felt a peaceful feeling come over me. I know Heavenly Father has some big plans for me and this is just the beginning of prepari
ng me for these. My president is Miss Anna Toone, my freshman roommate. Its great being in a presidency with her. She is so great, and I am so excited to grow and learn with her. One of my very first thoughts after being called was that I was called to assist her. This is what she put on her blog a few days later,
"I met with my counselors last Sunday and just went over everything and that relieved a lot of pressure and stress I was having. Am i allowed to have a testimony of counselors? Because I think i do. "
I'm glad I can help her and ease her burden even if it just a little bit. So it's been 3 weeks so far and it is amazing how God has helped me. It is truly a testimony to me of the sustaining power of God's disciples. Here are some examples.
- I HATE waking up early!!! Mornings and me just do not agree very well. Well lucky me has church at 9am. Awesome! Even better since I have to be there early, but ever week thus far I have woken up in time (and happily I might add) and gotten to church when I needed to.
- Sometimes I am shy. Getting to know people is sometimes hard for me, and remembering names is even harder. That's not a good quality to have when you are in a ward where that is a 70% turnover rate. It's even worse when you think that I am supposed to have compassion for women that I don't even know their names or who are brand new. But Heavenly Father knows this weakness, and a miracle has occurred. When I see a girl I don't know or haven't met yet I will talk to them, and 3 weeks later actually remember their name and important information about them. I wouldn't be able to do it without the divine help that God is giving me.
- Today I was going to drive to church even though I had enough time to walk there. Anywho I run into Anna carrying a huge heavy box with food. I stopped and helped her, and ended up helping her get lunch ready for out stake presidency. I'm not sure she would have been on time if I hadn't been there. Heavenly Father is definitely watching out for her and giving endless opportunities to serve others.
I'm excited for the semester and this new calling. I will be busy for sure, I was going to busy before I even got called, but I am excited to learn and serve Heavenly Father. I have learned so much already. It is amazing how much compassion and stewardship I have over girls I don't even know. Every week in our presidency meetings we talk about our girls, people who needs our prayers and love. No one is forgotten. I used to think leaders were crazy when they would stand up and say that they loved everyone of us, but not anymore. I truly feel so much compassion for everyone in my relief society. Anywho that's what's new :)
I posted earlier but it isn't showing so maybe I didn't do something right. I just wanted to say how blessed I feel to be your grandma. You make my heart sing. It 's been a while since visiting any of the "blogs", what with being at the cabin and not internet, and surgery on my eyes. It was so good to read what and how you are doing. I love you beloved little granddaughter. You will be a great councilor for your RS Pres. I am proud of you. You will do great things for Heavenly Father I know. I do love you and miss seeing you.
ReplyDelete