Have you ever been so homesick that you just sit and cry?
Well I haven't until about a year ago. I am not the homesick type. I have been around the world and not once rather have been at home than where I had traveled to. That's just not me. Even in college, home feels like where I am. I'm not saying that I'm heartless and don't miss things, like my family, just am not the type to sit around and cry. Then I came home from Jerusalem. That city and land seriously captured my heart. I haven't felt the same since. My heart just aches and yearns to return to the place I call home. I feel as though I left pieces of my soul there, some at the Garden Tomb, another at Gethsemane. Sounds pathetic and a little dramatic but it is true.
Today as I started thinking about Jerusalem I just started crying, just sat down and cried. I thought to myself how pathetic it was and maybe if I looked at pictures my heart wouldn't hurt so much. Pictures just made me bawl even more. I don't know what it is about that place. Perhaps because I grew so much there. It was there that I solidified my relationship with my Savior Jesus Christ, that I gained an unshakable testimony of His life then and now. Perhaps it is because it is a part of my inheritance and the land of my fathers even Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Whatever it is I am completely homesick and there is only one cure. So if anyone wants to take me back I might love them forever!
No comments:
Post a Comment