Sunday, July 22, 2012

First Week Email

Well I have survived my very first week here at the MTC. It feel like I have been here forever, but then I remember that I still have 8 weeks left. I have seriously learned so much but before I get into that I have a few matters of business.

Here at the MTC we only have 30 minutes to read and email letters home. This means if you want to read a long letter you need to use dearelder.com. It is basically the same thing as email except that I get a hard copy the very next day and can read it at my conveience. It makes things a lot easier and makes me feel loved. To use dearelder.com, go to the website, somehow write and a missionary and fill in the box. Because i am in the MTC I am in the PROVO MTC mission, so that is what you'll put. My mailbox number is #195  #216. (Emily changed to a different Spanish class so her mailbox number changed.) Also because I was so not prepared for so little time I don't have any mail addresses so would you please dearelder.com me your mail addresses so I can snail mail you when I have time??? This is especially directed at my siblings, but all mail is welcome. Please love me!

Okay now to life at the MTC. I share a room with 3 other sisters. All of us except one is going to Chile Santiago West. Hermana Jones is going to Costa Rica. Our district is split half and half to chile and costa rica. My companion is hermana mercado. She is awesome! She is also awesome at spanish so is being moved up to advanced spanish and is leaving for chile in a week and a half. I am very sad about this because we talk in spanish all the time and because she actually knows spanish we can talk in spanish all the time. I might get moved up to an intermediate class but i'm not sure about that. (P.S sorry that i am not capatilizing anything and my english is horrible. I don't have much time and i am currently stuck in spanglish limbo where i don't know any lanuage.)

Favorite things thus far:
-the elders in my district and zone. they are hilarious. i am also convinced that every elder in the mtc loves to say 'hola hermanas' or 'hi sisters'. It makes me feel really loved. \
-having a companion is great thus far, but there have been many time where i turn around and say 'donde esta mi companera' and have a mini panic attack. one day one of our elders lost his companion and literally dashed out of the room. it was funny.
-i love talking to elders about the girls waiting for them, mostly because lets be real the probability of them working out is very slim. one zone leader is trying to let down his girl and this was his idea 'jesus told peter to drop his nets and follow him, well you are kinda like a net'. hilarious... but kinda mean.
-I love singing, because there isn't very many sister so its like listening to an all men's choir all the time and it is great.
-i love wednesdays because we get new missionaries and i'm not the new kid anymore. plus i love looking at them, they all look so terrified. I'm pretty sure I was just estatic.

Things that have happened:
-i had my first door knock and yes I was let in... it was to a classroom in the mtc. I totally think it should still count though.
-i dropped my flashcards in the toilet. satan doesn't want me to learn spanish apparently
-i thought i was escaping when I went to run around the field.
-i taught my first investagator (three times now) in spanish. that was interesting. 30 minute lesson the third day in the mtc in only spanish... haha
-jenny oaks baker came on sunday for our fireside. she brought her violin and it was amazing!!!!
-met with my branch presidency, the second counselor scared the crap out of me. he is very blunt and now afraid to call you out. luckily he loves the sisters sooo i can breathe a little better now. he is very passionate about misssionary work.
-oh and i had a mini melt-down on day 2. oh yeah i was that missionary but now according to my branch president i am laid back! so it was a good meltdown!
-i learned how to bear my testimony in spanish, i only pray in spanish and a bunch of other things in spanish. i speak a lot of spanish.

Mom this one is for you especially, in relief society one of the wives of a branch presidency stood up and told us how to be proper ladies but one thing she said was 'you will always see me with two things on my face, lipstick and a smile." I thought of you instantly.

Well I am running out of time. Sorry this has been so brief. I love being in the MTC. there is such a special spirit about this place.  I love being a missionary and everything i have learned so far. i can't wait to learn more in the next 8 weeks. Se que esta evangelio es la inglesia de cristo y es verdad. se que jesucristo es the salvador y retendor de el mundo en el nombre de jesucristo, amen!

-Hermana Iroz :)

WRITE ME!!!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment