Pictures first so I dont forget.
1 my zone before cambios
2 Hermana Carter and Mercado from my district in the MTC
3 Hermana Mercado and I before Elder Bendar
4 Elders Elder everywhere! Before the start of the devotional with Elder Bednar. 2 missions. Mine and Ranagua
5 Baptisms at the temple with recent converts.
6 With Rosita, a recent convert.
7 the piano in our chapel great, except that the middle c doesnt work. This poses a huge problem.
8 This morning. It rained last night and this morning the mountains were so clear and pretty.
9 My new technique for contacting, hitchhiking on the freeway.
Letter coming Love you!
FAmilia,
Hola Familia! Como estan? This week has been good although a little bit strange. But first for your questions.
The weather here varies. One day hot the next day i am wearing tights and three sweaters. But I think it is becoming less variable so this is good, I think. The sun here is extreme though. Seriously it feels like july in las vegas sometimes because it is so powerful. The missionary work here is going, slowly but going. Chileans are funny. I am jealous of your granitos as they are called here in Chile. Actually I was talking about them to a member yesterday. Sad. But there are some friut here that doesnt exsist in the states that is delicious. I have measuring things! No se precupe! But I dont have a oven that has a tempature gauge but I think I can deal with that. Food here is meat and rice and chicken. For desert, fruit. I likt this part. Empanadas there are hanburger with onion and an olive that still has the pit! Suprise my first one. And a hard boiled egg in a crust. There are good. But I dont really have a favorite food yet. I love the soups here. They are delicious and there is this stew type dish that is delicious too. Give Aunt Glenna my wishes. I am thinking about her. Where is Jameson going again? Argentina? Questions about my ward. 60 people that are active more or less. Currently we have one missionary out in the north of chile. There are some that can go but it is harder to go on missions here. But we pester them dont worry. Im pretty sure my ward doesnt have a primary program. Screaming children in the states are angels compared to the priamary here. We have a primary but do the children actually go.... no. We go ro RS. Its fun and all in spanish. And we only have one ward.
Mom can you make sure MAkena is gettiny my emails???
Things this week.
First my favorite. a guy says this I am atheist, thanks be to god and the holy virgin. This sentence doesnt make any sense. My companion started laughing. I didnt know if he was joking ojf serious. no serious, Also to similar experience. I am atheist.... blah blah blah later in the conversation. I read the bible. I am catholic. I looked at him and asked wait are you atheist or catholic. Yeah some people I dont really understand. We encountered my very first jehovah witness this week. My companion was not very happy. and thats all I am going to say about that. WE went to the temple with the recent converts this week. That was super fun. Tiny little temple but beautiful. Also people in chile have their own vocabualy and accent. Chileans say everything is little -ito added to the end of words makes things little and everything is pancito, hermanitas, everything is tiny. I taught family history in spanish and that was interesting. So many words that I dondt know. Many people like to say hi, or hi beautiful. Lately I have gotten into the habit of saying hi back. So one day we are walking down the street and I heard Hola hermanas. So I walk over to a window where 6 men are working and start talking. They were in shock that I was talking to them. It was hilarious.
This week we had a day where we wanted to leave and the spirit said no. I have no idea why but we stayed in our pension all day. I have no idea why but i had the worst feeling every like someone wanted to kkill me. But luckily the spirit is strong and god protects his missionaries so dont worry.
This week we had the privledge of listening to Elder Bednar..... and David Archaletta sing. But seriously it was great. With the Ranagua mission. I asked a wuestion to an apostle! Oh yeah. But it was all about learning in faith and being agents to ourself and teaching and allowing people to be agents. At the end the president of Ranagua and his wife came and talked to me. Super super nice. We originally called ot be my president but their call got switched. Anywho the conversation went like this.
Hi how are you.
You know one of my friends, he was one of your missionaries.
Who
Elder Blake Roundy.
Oh yeah how do you know him
Oh we dated before when he got home before I left.
Are you getting married?
SILENCE (seriously this is an awkward question when you arent a missionary) I laughed and tried to change the subject. yeah. funny story. But in all seriousness they are super super nice. we had a nice conversation.
Alright I am running out of time. I love you all.
Hermana Iroz
No comments:
Post a Comment