Another week has past. Crazy! Thank you Aurelie for being the only person to write me this week. Much appreciated. Actually mom and Kate I did get your dearelders. The way they work is that I get them every week except the first week of changes, so last week. Or you could just email me. If you dont have my email ask mom.
Okay on to things this week. Wednesday and Tuesday were holidays here, which meant everybody was at some party and there was nobody in the street. By some miracle we contacted 34 people in one day. miracle. We also walked pretty much all of our sector. I was dead by the time I got home, but it was good.
Monday we had another ward activity to celebrate indepence day. Let me tell you something about chileans. Mormons are late. Its a joke... mormon standard time, chileans are just as late which means combined the two and hours late. The activity started at 7. It was a bbq. When we left at 10 just barely everyone was sitting down to eat. Dont worry we used are plaque and ate first because we had to be home, luckily our leaders are nice and allowed us to stay out an hour late.
Tuesday contacting. All day. except lunch, I really thought I was going to explode. Here you dont dish yourself and people think missionaries are starving all the time. Two empanadas and I was full. and then they place a mountain of food in front of me. I though i would explode. Also here the main dish is meat. I think ive eaten more meat here in the last two weeks than i have in my entire life.
Wednesday nobody home, nobody in the street so we just tried to make the best of it.
Thursday Zone conference with a member of the area presidency elder rezek who also was blake roundys mission president. It was good. I was proud of myself because president said that we, the north americans, could sit in the back and have someone translate for us but after two minutes i decided that i could understand without a translator and it was just annoying to try to listen to both so i went back to my seat. But all in all, mission conference was good.Sad story of this day was we have a investigator Frecia, sweet old lady, her husband is a member and desperately wants her to be baptized but doesnt want to push her which leads to mixed emotions. Frecia is the star member of the church, goes every sunday, participates in all activities, has visiting teachers, is not baptized. She knows but she just wont get baptized. This is sad and we have decided to stop teaching her because she isnt progressing towards baptism anymore. It breaks my heart.
Friday busy day of things. also sad story an investigator luis star member, wants to be baptized, but wont pay tithing because he needs that money to live. Awww frustrating and sad and just breaks my heart.
Saturday every plan fell through because we needed a member with us for some appointments and everyone was busy, but god led us to this lady maria, she husband died 7 months ago and she is so so so sad. She was a contact and when we walked in she just cried. After much persuasion we offered to help her clean she house. we returned and after more persausion cleaned her patio. She was so happy, she said that we brought her joy. It was great. Also she called us daughters and gave us food for the road. I am really excited to go back because I know how much this message can help her.
Sunday, we tried our very very hardest to meet our goals but didnt happen what did happen though is 7 of 8 recent converts came to church! Milagro! We were really happy with that.
Also here is strange because people say they are atheist but they believe in satan, or believe in the bible and god but dont believe in christ. it blows my mind i dont understand this at all. Strange people
All in all this week has been great. I am learning lots. I am taking the initative in training myself and learning lots. I love you all a lot. I hope everyone is doing great and you havent died. The church is true.
Con Amor,
Hermana Iroz
No comments:
Post a Comment