Sunday, October 17, 2010

Continuing on with the Iroz tradition

I have started to make rollin-doughs, or crepes. I feel like its a tradition so I am obligated to learn how to make them. They were really easy to make except for a couple set backs. Firstly, making them on a slanted stove is really annoying. You put the batter in and it all goes to the back which makes it cook unevenly. Second, non-stick pans are cool, but they can be rather annoying when making crepes. Thirdly, the combination of complications made me switch to a little tiny pan, which makes mini crepes. They were still very delicious though. Moral of the story is I still need lots more practice to perfect my batter recipe and need to get some muscles so I can cook them in a cast-iron pan at home :)

3 comments:

  1. Yeah Emily! You'll get better.

    You can do it on nonstick pans, BUT you need to have the heat much hotter (but then it goes quicker). I still oil when using a nonstick pan too, particularly for the first few.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Emily,
    Nicole is right it does need to be hotter, and the first few seem to need oil, I usually just take the butter that I will put on the crepe and quickly go over the pan, just a thought, another thing is that with using a higher heat you can swish the batter in circles until it partially cooks so then it wont seep to the back, I have the exact same problem and I am to lazy to pull the over out and fix the stabilizer things underneath. But I am so proud of you, and with practice you will have it down just perfect to come to my house and cook them for me to make up for the dang burnt figure I got making you some in Vegas, oh by the way, Colter thinks I am loosing it considering when I was making dinner today I almost burnt my arm off, but for some reason it didnt hurt as much and when I burnt my finger for you. Love ya,

    ReplyDelete