I have literally being waiting since the end of September to post this. I saw it at the BYU faculty showcase. It was choreographed by a Professor here and then animated by Ryan Woodward, another professor here. And now it has finally been uploaded to the internet! YAY! I can share it with you now. It is so beautiful. I get goosebumps every time I watch it. It is so raw and powerful. I love how dance can tell a story. There is no words, just movement and music, but you are totally connected. It is the purest form of emotion; your soul can speak. For each person that watches it, it may have a different impact but it touches everyone.
This semester I took a ballet class. All throughout the semester my friend Ryan probably though I was insane for taking ballet. Here are some of his comments. "Only sophisticated people do ballet.","You have dance three times a week? That's a lot.", "I could never do ballet" ect. Okay so maybe I am slightly crazy but I absolutely loved ballet. I love dancing. It was the hour and a half three times a day where I didn't have to think. I could just dance. If I was frustrated or sad or just so excited I could dance it out. It didn't matter who else was around, it was just me and the music. It was such a great stress reliever. It wasn't till the semester that I realized that I love love love to dance. Every since I was a little girl I have done ballet, excluding my cheer days. I can't remember not doing ballet. Maybe I did it because I wanted to be like my awesome sisters, I'm not really sure. Then came my ballet class. My teacher was awesome by the way, but he said one day, "Dance for yourself, not anyone else." And I do. I feel so much better when I dance, not only physically, but spiritually. I feel connected to my body. This is where you can say, uh duh Emily you are connected to your body. This is true, but I feel like my spirit is in a body, and dancing unities the body and spirit. I am so grateful for my body, and being able to move around will relative easy. I can jump, skip, puff my checks, smile, watch things, the list is endless. You must be crazy not to want to have a body. They are amazing.
Emily I love this! This is amazing and you are so right. Although I'm not a dancer and I've never really taken a real dance class in my life, I love it too. There's just something about it. It just makes you feel so..... so you. I guess. Anyway, I love love love this post! Thanks :)
ReplyDeleteP.s. the video is awesome! I love it! It's truly amazing!!