Thanks for the letters!!! There is always one topic that I always read about that i LOVE to read about.. Kellen, that suprisingly is not from his parents. By the way Hanky (does he even read these??) we have a member names malvaldo gama muniz that lives in our ward that is from Itabuna, Brasil. The Salvador Sur Mission. Is this is your mission? Anywho he is great, and really hard to understand sometimes, because his acent is a mix between portugese and spanish and i only know one of these languaages and i am pretty sure he speaks in both in the same sentence. But bueno. It is great. He is great. He married a Chileana and lives here with his three kids. This week we had lunch with his family and he made brasilanian food. Something that starts with a f... fash something. But its beans with meat. and then you add rice or whatever else there is. Like stew but not. And he said it was light because there wasnt pig ear of things like that. HAHA but it was really good. And then for desert he made a dont even know. but it was corn with milk and sugar. Like a pudding but with corn. It was a new flavor for me but was good. Anywho. I thought of you.
There are a few things that characterize Chileans. They are Catholic and the are paranoid about the end of the world, significante that this week I heard two things... the world is going to end (a meteor in Russia, we all know who is the most wicked... just kidding) and the Pope resigned. Shocked in both noticias, with the second more. I didnt know that the pope could resign. Odd, and everyone is saying that there is going to be a black pope, and that that is a sign of the end of the world. hmmm... I think this noticia just made me remember that we have a prophet that is protected by God until his work in finished, and how perfect the church is.
Ummmm really I dont have much to say this week. We are working adn working. I realized this week how much I have grow thus far on my mission. We all know that I am not a very patience person but I am learning. This week a lot of our appointments fell through but we continued to work without complaining, maybe we still stop to buy ice cream (because it is hot) but we are still working. It is a funny thing learning here in the mission. When we think we cant grow anymore we face an experience that streches us out of our comfort zone and then we learn to cope and this process repeats. There are learning experiences that are more obvious than others but all are opportunities to learn.
Yeah I am out of things to write. Love you lots. Hope everything and everyone is doing great!!! The church is true.
Hermana Iroz
No comments:
Post a Comment