Hi family!
How is everyone doing? Everything is great here in Chile. It is finally a little bit cooler. In the mornings it is chilly... in Chile. HAHA. There are going to be lots of changes these next few week. This week we recieved 19 new missionaries. March 12 and 13th we will recieve 37 more. Surprise. 24 hermanas. Another suprise.... And everyone will be training... more suprises. We dont know exactly what will happen or where we are going but there is change in the air. In Ciudad Satélite there is going to be two fresh of the airplane from the states hermanas. One of us is going to be training two hermanas at the same time and the other is going to be opening a new sector and training. I dont know which one is worse of better, but both will be fun and full of learning experiences. I am willing to go where ever the Lord sends me. There is also going to be a new mission here is Chile. Chile Santiago Sur Mission. I am sure they part of my mission but will we see. Nevertheless, it is very exciting all the changes. We literally are in the fulfillment of the dispensation of times. The gospel IS flooding the earth. What a blessing to be part of this. I think this is why I waited the terribly long 5 months after I received my call, to help, to train to be a part of the flooding of the earth with the word of God. Our new mission president is coming in July. Lucky guy, he´ll miss the chaos as we receive all the missionaries.
Something funny that happened this week. Two Jehovah Witnesses knocked our door. Seriously I think they are scared of us. This is how it happened. WE walked out and they were in shocked. I asked if they need water. They stuttered out the words no. They proceeded to ask if we lived here. Yes, we left the house, this is our house. And then they ran away. I think they can feel the spirit of truth. But it was funny.
You know the scripture in Moroni that says if you dont have hope you cant have faith. We experienced this scripture this week. We met this guy Jorge. Jorge has had a rough life and doesnt believe that God exists. He doesnt understand why terrible things happen, and why God doesnt do anything therefore God doesnt exists. Jesus Christ died to die. He didnt die to save us, to help us be clean, nothing. He died. How terrible is this thought. We ask him what it the purpose of life.. to live and die. We testified of the reality of the resurrencion. He doesnt believe it. He really doesnt have hope and for this reason he doesnt have faith. It was so sad to see the pain that he has and what was sadder was the he had no hope there God is here to help. I am so glad for my testimony. For the knowledge I have the there is life after this one. That Jesus Christ is the Savior of the World and the Son of God who came to the earth to save us.
We have stake conference this week. Man of man, the technology of the world is incredible. It was a broadcast from church headquarters. We heard from Elder Cobridge, Sister Burton, Elder Andersen and the Prophet!!! president Monson. The translation was a little bit rough in some parts but it was such a miracle to see the prophet thousands of miles away. It was really good. About the things that are most important, the atonement, love and missionary work. It was great.
Well I dont know what else to say. I love being a missionary. Its not easy but it is worth it. Thank you for all the support.
Hermana Iroz.
No comments:
Post a Comment