-My attention span is approximately 3 hours. However there are some exceptions like if I have something to snack on my mind forgets that it’s being tortured or if I take legit breaks in between 3-hour periods. Sometimes my brain is fidgety even before I start studying and that is just bad. I found a solution though. There is a spot in our lovely library that plays classical music. The annoying, bouncing off the walls ADD part of my brain loves it. It loves it so much that it usually can stand 2ish hours of not being distracted. Who knew classical music is so soothing to the hyper brain.
-It takes approximately 7 minutes to get from my room to 920 SKWT… Running of course. How do I know this? My papers were due at 5:00; I insisted on leaving at 4:50. I know brilliance.
-Snow is the devil in disguise. Like mentioned in previous posts it looks heavenly… for your window. Then you have the idiotic idea to actually go outside, or even better you are forced to go outside. It is in the moment that you step outside that you realize you have been lied to! Snow is not fluffy bliss from heaven but rather cold white stuff that is consistently blowing in your face no matter what direction you are facing. When you actually decide to be insane and enjoy the snow you try to catch it your mouth but of course it lands everywhere but your mouth. Why won’t it do that when it’s flying in face?

-UTAH SUCKS! Not the state the university. Just kidding. It is pretty hilarious watch the intense anger toward the U. There is this automatic notion that Utah is the devil school. Maybe sometimes, and it is fun to tease, but I’ve come to the conclusion that Utah is a great school especially since I could possible go there for graduate school.
-The honor code does not apply to sporting events, but it to every ridiculous little thing (refer to the bathing suit incident)

-Power nap not only work but they are the most vital thing each college students needs to learn about. Some people argue that they don’t work. They aren’t doing it right. 20 minutes between classes is great. You have pretty amazing dreams too, well at least I do. (Another picture of my beautiful roommate Anna)
-I am not a social butterfly. In high school I thought I was. This was all a lie! There were many times where I would stay in my room and study. You may think that this is responsible Emily speaking, but I think it might be the I WANT to study instead. What a nerd I’ve become, well except that nerds are supposed to be smart!
- People think BYU is for smart people! FALSE. I am not smart perhaps I thought that I was pre-BYU but post-first semester I have realized that the smart gene it just not there.
-I am pretty sure that taking showers saved my stress level. Showering is the greatest thing ever. It’s the one place I don’t have to think! Without shower not only would I be very stinky and Anna would not like me, but I would be frazzled with stress.
-BYU is the best! I’ve learned so much there. People I’ve met are great, without them I don’t know what I would do. It’s hard for sure, but it’s my new home and I absolutely love it with all my heart!
aww. emily you are a whole lot more positive than i wouldve been. i still believe you have to be smart to go to BYU though! and showering is the best, also baths
ReplyDeletelove you