1. The objective of finals week is to make you fat. But seriously, I don't know about you but studying makes me SOOOO hungry. My little brain is working way to much and needs foooooooooooooood, so consequently with all that studying brings lots of food which brings fat Emily. Here is another fact about my brain. It needs to be distracted to focus. That seems crazy right, but it's true. My brain does its best thinking when there is some other stimulus distracting it [plus you remember better when multiple parts of you brain are active] like classical music, or M&M's or anything I can munch on. It is like if I'm feeding it, my brain forgets that it is studying and will hang in there for a lot longer than its normal attention span of two hours. So moral of the story I'm gonna be fat by the end of the week.
2. Teachers aren't out to get you. I promise. There are many times when I sit in review sessions and students ask the stupidest questions. I swear if they would just listen a little better they would understand that the things that are stressed more than others are most likely going to be on the final. All those things that aren't talked about much aren't going to be on the test. It is really quite simple, so stop being dumb and asking questions that the professor doesn't even understand. You are overcomplicating things.
3. The week before finals/finals week are the weeks where all the good habits go out the window. Example A: Me. This whole semester I have been very careful to go to bed early, wake up early, manage my time wisely, eat healthy, exercise, do all the good things yada yada yada. Then finals come around and all those good habits I've worked so hard to establish vanish. I end up studying to the wee hours of the night, and sleeping in, which is not productive. Munchies never stop... ever no matter what the food. I don't like Oreo's, but I can't stop eating them, my monster tummy is taking over. Also for those of you who don't know I deleted my Facebook towards the beginning of the semester. It was wasting my time and my life id so much better without it. I actually get stuff done! Its a miracle. Finals week has possessed me though. I want to reactivate it and not because I like it because I don't, but because I don't want to study, I would rather waste my time on Facebook. Luckily at least some of me has some self-control and my Facebook will not be activated. That is about the only good habit staying in tact during finals week.
No comments:
Post a Comment