"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers." -President Gordon B. HinckleyI have that quote on my desk and read it a few times a day. I know my Heavenly Father won't forsake me, He never has and never will, but life is hard and sometimes it feels like that. I know I signed up for this. I knew coming to Earth wasn't going to be easy. It is not meant to be, but sometimes I wish I could tell Satan to give up already. I'm sick of putting up with him and he is not going to win... so just give up! If only it worked that way. Someday. That will be a great day. With all that said, I can grateful for the tender mercies that God gives me everyday. Conversations with friends, words I need to hear, friends that take the time to serve me, family to cry to. I am so thankful for these angels in my life. They are the things that remind me that God does not forsake His children. When you realize that eternal truth your eyes are opened to the many blessings that happen around us everyday and for those I am thankful for.
Thursday, April 12, 2012
Give up already...
When I got my mission call everyone warned me to watch out for Satan. He will be everywhere they told me. He is the opposer of anything good and serving the Lord to bring them to His gospel definitely qualifies as good. I knew this and have been careful not to let him into my life. The closer I get to my reporting date the more I can feel him and the more I have to fight. It is not so much the sudden urge to go kill someone or to steal things because those things I can control. It is the things that I can't control like people's agency. It is the sadness I feel because someone does something or says something unkind to me. It is the disappointment when promises are broken. It is the doubt when plans change and I have no idea what is going on. It is the discouragement when I forget to read my scriptures one night. It is just the feeling I get sometimes when I have the whole world on my shoulders, and everyday feels like a battle. I have three months left. I know Satan will only try harder. It will be a test of faith and endurance, but that is the gospel. Enduring to the end is the real test. One of my favorite quotes is this,
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment